Sunrise and Sunset Wrap Around Care (click here for more information)
Sunrise and Sunset Wrap Around Care
Thank you for taking an interest in the Sunrise and Sunset school club. In your pack you will find a personal access code and instructions on how to book the sessions online. Once you have logged on and added credit you will then be able to select the sessions you want.
Sessions and prices
- Session A – Sunrise Breakfast club (7:30am until classrooms open): £5.00
- Session B – Full Sunset Club (3:05 – 6:00pm): £12.00
- Session C – Sibling Full Sunset Club (3:05 – 6:00pm): £11.00
- Session D - Sunset Club first half of the evening (3.05 – 4:30pm): £6.00 (all children)
You will be able to pay up front for as many sessions as you like. This will also apply to ChildCare Vouchers. Those parents who use the club regularly in the first half term, will have an opportunity to select their sessions in advanced throughout the year. Please make sure that you always book well in advance, as places fill up quickly.
When you first arrive, please use the front entrance of the Centenary Room. If the door is shut, then use the buzzer to the right-hand side and a member of staff will be with you shortly. On your first arrival, a member of staff will give you an information pack on meals and activities and any other relevant information you may find useful. Any dietary needs and medication will be taken from the school office in advance. If you need to contact the Sunrise and Sunset club, please ring the main school office and select option 2, which will direct you to a member of staff at the club.
‘Sunrise’ Before School Club
Breakfast, comprising of a variety of cereals, toast and juice, will be served until 8:10am. Please note, however, that breakfast will not be available to children arriving after 8.10am. Once breakfast is over, the children will be occupied with a selection of quiet activities (e.g. board games, reading, arts and crafts) until it is time to start the school day. They will go outside if the weather is fine from 8.30am and will go inside when their classroom opens.
‘Sunset’ After School Club
A snack will be provided for children attending between 3:05 – 4:30pm. After 4:30pm, a hot meal will be served. Snacks will comprise of a biscuit or cake, fruit and a drink. Please see the separate sample menu attached for hot food. A dessert will be included as part of the meal.
Both Sunrise and Sunset clubs have a rotation of activities, for example:
* Be Creative – using art materials or cooking
* Team building – sports equipment in the hall or field
* Homework and library club
* Program designs - laptops
* Playground adventure – board games, sports equipment, adventure playground
* Night at the Movies - Cinema and popcorn
* Circle time – group games/ discussion around a theme (PSHE)
The clubs are based in the Centenary Room which provides its own entrance, toilet, kitchen, seating, tables and access to the other facilities/equipment.